Employment and Training
Careers for doctors
In recognition of its achievements in training programs and medical services, First Health Medical Centre was awarded the prestigious AGPAL GP award of the year 2011-2012. The clinic offers junior doctors training positions and provides sponsorship for international medical graduates interested in General Practice.
We provide comprehensive in house training programs for candidates enrolled in AMC Part 2 clinical examinations and in alternative pathways for Fellowship of Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) training. We also welcome VR doctors interested to work in an academic-oriented environment. Through sponsorship FHMC also facilitates the registration of overseas trained doctor to pursue their careers in Australia.
Steps to take for registration:
- Assessment: Verify you medical degree through ECFMG and AMC.
- Pass AMC CAT MCQ Exam
- Fulfil English Language Requirement
- Offer of Employment: Once IMGs are eligible to apply for registration from AHPRA, they can apply for a training position and employment with First Health Medical Centre.
- PESCI: Offer of employment lets the IMG to sit for PESCI. Visit RACGP, ACRRM and HWAV for more information.
- Apply to AHPRA for Registration.
- Apply for Visa
Job Opportunities for GPs
With three clinics across Melbourne, we are looking for friendly, engaging General Practitioners who are focused on the quality of patient care. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
We have priority opportunities at the following centres:
- Hampton Park
- Casey Central
For all other locations, we are always eager to talk to quality practitioners that complement our existing teams.
- Flexible Agreements with no fixed term
- Excellent earning potential with mixed billing centres
- Large, modern integrated facilitates with allied services on site
- Full-time nursing support
- Experienced practice managers
- Teaching opportunities as part of the AGPT program
- A GP focused group run by a GP